Insulin Pump Programs
Insulin Pump Start Program
The Diabetes Health Centre provides training for insulin pump starts or upgrades on Omnipod, Ypsomed and Medtronic.
Training includes one on one sessions:
- Initial pump settings
- Training and pump start
- 4-6 week individualized follow up by phone
- Sensor training
- Currently being offered in-person or virtually by Zoom
You will first need your Endocrinologist to refer you for a pump training and then an appointment will be made.
Insulin Pump Follow-up Program
This program is a great opportunity for insulin users to obtain guidance and support in order to maximize the benefits of using an insulin pump and keep their diabetes under good control.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Review of your insulin pump report
- Discussion of your insulin pump settings (including potential adjustment)
- Infusion sets and troubleshooting
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Exercise and adjustment of insulin pump settings
- Advanced pump features such as dual wave/combo bolus/temp basal rates
- Carbohydrate counting (adjusting for fibre/sugar alcohols, resources, etc.)
- Foot care
- Any other concerns related to insulin pump therapy you may have
The program runs for approximately two hours and includes a visit with both an registered nurse (RN) and registered dietitian (RD).
Following your follow-up visit you will be booked into another follow-up based on a discussion between you and the RN and RD.