Insulin Pump Follow-Up Program
This program is a great opportunity for insulin users to obtain guidance and support in order to maximize the benefits of using an insulin pump and keep their diabetes under good control.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Review of your insulin pump report
- Discussion of your insulin pump settings (including potential adjustment)
- Infusion sets and troubleshooting
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Exercise and adjustment of insulin pump settings
- Advanced pump features such as dual wave/combo bolus/temp basal rates
- Carbohydrate counting (adjusting for fibre/sugar alcohols, resources, etc.)
- Foot care
- Any other concerns related to insulin pump therapy you may have
The program runs one Thursday morning, every other month, for approximately two hours and includes a visit with both an registered nurse (RN) and registered dietitian (RD).
You will be asked to upload your pump to either Carelink Personal (Medtronic) or Diasend (Animas and OmniPod).
Following your follow-up visit you will be booked into another follow-up based on a discussion between you and the RN and RD.